Alternet.org is always a good read, and the post that inspired this one is no exception. Author Joya Parsons breaks down how Monsanto and Dupont have ownership of a greater proportion of our food supply, and how we let them do it in this article that will take about 10 minutes of your time to read. Some highlights:
- World agriculture has lost 75% of its genetic diversity due to standardization, monoculture farming, and globalization.
- 95% of cabbage varieties are gone
- Diamond v. Chakrabarty has given corporations the right to patent plant life at the genetic level.
- How to avoid plants and seeds that are under patent
- Full list of seed sources for non-GMO crops